Mount Moriah Baptist Church
Mount Moriah Baptist Church began in 1839 with 14 charter members. A small school was added and was called Mount Moriah School.
Two church elders, Benjamin King and John Lyon, took turns holding services. The original building burnt down in the 1800's, but the faithful members rebuilt the church. There have been several improvements over the years including a major remodel in 1940's when Sunday School rooms were built and a furnace was installed. The first full time minister, Rev. Ralph Banning, joined the church in 1954. In the 1960's the church built a baptistery, kitchen and new Sunday school rooms. In 1970, a church library was started. The building continued meeting the needs of its members until 2012, when it became apparent a new facility was needed.